Christ Medicus' Mission Statement:
To promote the active presence of Christ-centered health care and health caring faithful to Catholic teaching, the Gospel of Life, the Theology of the Body, Humanae Vitae, and the Ethical and Religious directives of Catholic health care through active engagement in education, public policy, and the marketplace empowering individual rights of conscience and religious liberty in daily life for all, in all we do.
As members of the Christ Medicus Foundation (CMF) we are together dedicated to the active presence and vibrant culture of Christ-centered health care and caring for our families and the Body of Christ — His Church. The model of Christ-centered health care is life-affirming care, rooted in Christ-centered sacrificial love, the gospel of life, the Bible, the Theology of the Body and the Ethical and Religious Direction of Catholic health care. It is "YES" to the active gift of life. Read more
The Health Care Conscience Rights Act
The Health Care Conscience Rights Act (H.R. 940) now has 147 co-sponsors at the 114th Congress (2015-2016). For more information, and a list of sponsors, please click here.
We urge all of our friends and supporters to take action today. To reach out to your Representative and encourage them to co-sponsor and support a vote on H.R. 940, please click here.
Click here to read our Fall 2015 Newsletter
Introducing — True Christ-centered Health Care and Caring
The Christ Medicus Foundation (CMF) is excited to offer to our members a true Christ-centered health care ministry — CURO.
CURO (to: Actively Care, Actively Cure) is a Catholic-living health care ministry available only to members of the Christ Medicus Foundation. CURO is not insurance, it is a health care sharing ministry.
As a health sharing ministry, CURO offers a Christ-centered alternative to secular medical insurance for committed Christians that is fully consistent with the Roman Catholic faith, the ideals of the Christian community and The Gospel of Life. Joining CURO empowers faith-filled Catholics and fellow Christians to comply with specific Affordable Care Act health care law exemptions, enabling us as a Christian community to participate in health care that empowers us to actively live out our faith in daily life.
When you join CURO, you become a member of a truly unique and powerful Catholic health sharing ministry. CURO offers you a fortress of faith and protection, including:
- Direct and active individual stewardship for your health and the health of your family
- Active engagement and responsibility for your health and wellbeing
- Active patient-physician relationship
- Membership in the SMI health sharing program
- Enrollment in SMI’s Save to Share program
- The SMI Special Prayer Needs program
- The CURO Charity Care fund
- Rx Negotiated Discounts
- The Asset Health health and wellness management platform
- Debit card share provided payment processing
- Physician/provider electronic pricing confirmation and payment negotiation
- CURO voluntary critical illness indemnity coverage
- CURO voluntary medical indemnity plan coverage
- CURO voluntary life insurance and terminal illness coverage
CURO offers true Christ-centered, holistic health care and caring to CMF members at a cost lower than many traditional health care plans.Support the CMF mission and actively engage in the stewardship of your faith, your health and your greater wellbeing by joining CURO today.